Peacehaven Town Council (PTC) requires a Caretaker to join its Caretaking Team, to work a 37 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
Based at the Council Building, Community House, you will also be required to operate from all PTC facilities. A flexible approach to work is required as there will be a need to cover any sickness and holidays for colleagues. The nature of the work requires flexibility in outlook and approach to the work and the allocated shifts across the whole day.
A full driving licence is a requirement.
Your main tasks will include:
- cleaning offices
- changing rooms
- meeting rooms
- working on a rota basis, possibly of out of hours call out
- knowledge of Health and Safety, including First Aid and Fire Warden
- security, locking and unlocking
- interpersonal skills a public facing role
- minor maintenance
- setting up and un-setting meeting rooms
- lifting and moving furniture and equipment
- full training is available for the successful candidate
The Council offers 22 days Annual Leave, Local Government Pension Scheme. Salary scale (National Joint Council) will be SCP5 – SCP8 pro rata, depending on experience.
For an application form and job description, please either; telephone 01273 585493, call into the Information Office. Alternatively, please download the job description here, and the application form here.
Closing Date: for applications 12.00 noon on Friday 11th March 2022.
You will be contacted if your application is successful and offered an interview during these dates. Previous applicants need not apply.