Accessibility Statement for Peacehaven Town Council
This website is run by Peacehaven Town Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to do the following using the Reach Deck/Browse Aloud free software:
• read the page out loud or read selected text
• get written and spoken translations in multiple languages
• convert selected text into an MP3
• block distractions on screen with a tinted mask
• enlarge text and read it aloud
• remove clutter and display only the main text
• customise options to suit your individual needs or preferences
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
• Most older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
• Our Councillors page which includes a map is not fully accessible to screen reader software
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us via telephone or email.
Telephone: 01273 585493
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contact us by phone or visiting us in person
You can contact Peacehaven Town Council by phone by calling 01273 585493.
You can also visit us in person at our main office-
Information Office, Meridian Centre, Meridian Way, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 8BB
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Peacehaven Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in
The test was carried out by
We tested our main website platform, available at www.peacehaventowncouncil.gov.uk
You can view the results here