Grounds person Vacancy:
This role will work with the Parks officer to ensure the optimal playing quality of the sports surfaces as well as the overall appearance and presentation of the town’s amenity areas. The position requires ‘hands-on’ operational experience combined with a flexible approach to meet the on-going seasonal demands. The ability to be self- motivated and work unsupervised is a key requirement of the role, the successful applicants will have the physical ability to lift, carry and perform other physical tasks daily.
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list
· Undertake horticultural practices to gardens and borders
· Undertaking all grass cutting and general grounds maintenance
· Schedule testing and maintenance of all the grounds maintenance equipment in accordance with current guidelines
· Responsibilities for site security as required
· Work with the parks officer to derive long term and short-term schedules of work
.Ensure the site and working areas are always kept tidy
· Work flexible hours if required and working as part of the team or as alone worker
.Work collaboratively with the wider grounds team raising the profile of the team across the town
· Communication as required to all relevant stakeholders/ public
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, 37 hours per week, with a 6 month probationary period.
Salary: from £18,795 p/a dependant on experience
• Full UK driving licence (Essential)
• Groundskeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
• Experience on ride on mowers (preferred)
Peacehaven Town Council have signed up to be carbon neutral by 2030 and all employees are expected to help in working towards this goal.
Closing date 14th February 2020